Please contact each location below for more information.
The Golf Club at Equinox has just recently signed a masterplan contract with Rees Jones Inc, and will be starting phase 1 of a bunker renovation in April 2021. The golf course was originally designed by Walter Travis in 1927, and then redesigned by Rees Jones in 1991. The golf course is nestled in the green mountains in southern Vermont.
Under the Golf Course Superintendent’s direction, the Assistant Superintendent manages and supervises the golf course grounds personnel in a professional manner. They are responsible for assisting in the planning of daily routine maintenance and long-range golf course improvements. The position is geared toward the successful applicant one day becoming a Golf Course Superintendent.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Eager to learn and perform a lead role in the golf course’s daily preparation for members and guests, including proper maintenance of greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
• Responsible for training staff in all areas of course maintenance, including the proper care and storage of all equipment.
• Forward-thinker that is detail-oriented and possesses a keen eye to promote a positive working environment.
• Assist in an intricate water management plan including hand watering and syringing, irrigation program set-up and adjusting run times as needed using the Toro site pro irrigation system.
• Making sure safety in all golf maintenance areas, including the shop, equipment, course, roadways, chemical applications, and storage, is adhered to.
• Work with the Superintendent to ensure that all equipment is operational, properly cleaned and stored.
• Supervise and participate in plant protectant applications to ensure proper handling of materials, including maintaining inventory and adequate record management
• Ensuring a professional appearance of staff personnel, golf course, clubhouse grounds, equipment, and the shop is an essential part of this position.
• Help prepare and conduct morning staff meetings to ensure team members are well informed and safe.
• Participate in continuing education opportunities to further develop skills and remain progressive.
• Recommend purchases and assist maintaining inventory levels via monthly inventory tabulation.
• Communicate with the Golf professional staff on course conditions through daily updates.
• Mechanic skills a plus
The Assistant Superintendent maintains a supervisory role per club policies and applicable laws and regulations. The individual will play a vital role in recruiting, interviewing, and training staff, planning a daily schedule, and assigning duties.
• Possesses good communication and coaching skills
• Possess a working knowledge of high-end golf course conditioning and team building, including equipment operation, water management, course construction, and professional development.
A degree or working towards a degree in Turfgrass Science, Agronomy, Plant or Soil Science.
Golf Course experience not necessary. But some sort of experience in the turf grass field is preferred.
Must have VT Pesticide license or the ability to obtain one 60 days after start date.
Medical, Dental, PTO, 401k company match, uniforms, golf privileges, discounted meals.
Date Job is Available: March 22, 2021
Salary: $35,000 – $44,000
E-MAIL COVER LETTER & RESUME TO:
Catamount Country Club in Williston, Vermont is accepting applications for a Golf Course Superintendent. Catamount is a nine-hole golf course with fully irrigated bent grass greens, tees and fairways. There is a double decker driving range. Catamount has a very busy wedding business as well as a full-service club house.
Catamount County Club is a great opportunity for an assistant who is ready to make the jump to Superintendent. Two years working as an assistant or foreman.
Two or more years working as an assistant or foreman.
Job Benefits: Golf Privileges
Date Job is Available: March 29, 2021
E-MAIL COVER LETTER & RESUME TO:
Mow and maintain greens, maintain/repair turf equipment, maintain and operate irrigation systems, assist with chemical and fertilizer application, various other tasks/mowing as needed. Must be reliable, organized, and energetic, and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
WEST BOLTON GOLF CLUB
West Bolton Golf Club in West Bolton, Vermont was established in 1983. The golf course is a family owned business and is a public 18 hole golf course. Outside operations start in late March and end in November. The foreman/assistant superintendent would work approximately 40 hours per week and be able to work holidays and weekends.
E-MAIL COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: [email protected]